The 12-step program is one of the tools utilized by individuals to overcome addiction problems that they might have. Initially the 12-step program was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous, but it became rather popular and effective among other associations as well, which is why it might be a good concept to see how this treatment can help you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this post and discover how the White Plains, New York 12-step programs work and whether or not you might want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in White Plains
Overall, 12-step programs consist of 12 standards that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other completely self-supporting organization should utilize to help individuals overcome their addiction and provide recovery support to anyone who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its initial type, developed at first for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and available for homeowners of White Plains, New York:
- Confess your previous (or present) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Think that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can conserve you from sins;
- Choose that you are ready to turn your will over to God to take care of it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to eliminate all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Request for God’s aid in this procedure;.
- Make a list of individuals that you have injured before and be ready to apologize to them;.
- Make direct amends to their individuals whenever you can, but do not approach those that would be hurt because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and be willing to apologize whenever you comprehend that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your healing;.
- Improve your conscious contact with God in whatever form we picture Him through prayers and meditation;.
- Once ready, be ready to transfer your knowledge and experience to other alcoholics, as well as continue to practice these concepts throughout your entire life.
White Plains, NY 12-Step Program Rehabilitation.
There are likewise 12 customs included in White Plains, New York 12-step programs, and in contrast with the 12 principles explained above, 12 customs are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every individual independently.
Here are these 12 customs:.
- To end up being an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a dream to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to bring the 12-step message to individuals suffering from their dependency;
- The typical well-being of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more crucial than an private one, as the whole recovery process depends upon the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever kind we envision Him, is the one ultimate authority for all of us. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group should be independent of all others;
- AA groups should always stay non-financial and do not provide their name to any other organizations, as otherwise, it would sidetrack us from the main function of helping those having difficulties with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any kind of help from other companies;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional companies and they should stay by doing this. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA needs to not be arranged in any other way, but they might create service boards in order to help those they serve;
- Confidential Alcoholics do not have any opinion on outdoors matters, which is why its name needs to not be drawn up throughout public confrontations. Its individuals have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations should stay for the purposes of bring in those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not just on the help of another celebration but on its anonymity as well, which is why privacy is the sacred rule of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted concepts are more important than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in White Plains, New York
Programs based on spiritual awakening principles, which is why a few of you may discover them unpleasant initially.
However, all of it depends upon your own analysis and individuals with whom you will go through the whole procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can assist us with all our affairs and difficulties is.
You might eliminate any recommendations to the higher Power while dealing with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative interpretations of actions that are based on the original ones, or adhere to the conventional form if comfy with its spiritual principles.
White Plains 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is hard to comprehend any accurate information on the 12-step program effectiveness because of its anonymity concept, it is known that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers use this kind of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance coverage cover the expenses of White Plains, New York 12-step programs, which is why you may not even require to pay extra money to get this type of help from numerous treatment centers.
Based on the worldwide approval and appeal, you can state for sure that 12-step programs work. It is like with therapy types: you require to discover your own way of handling your issue, be it substance addiction or anything else, and combining the 12 steps with the desire to attend meetings is among the manner ins which can help you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in White Plains, NY
Not everyone likes 12 actions or has any impact from this technique, which is why it might be essential to discuss some options that you can discover these days.
Here is the list of some such alternatives:.
- Residential programs of rehabilitation that happen in expert rehab centers are the most efficient ways of coping with your addictions, which is why you may consider them first. You simply will develop a substance-free environment where professionals will look after you and ensure that you maintain abstaining after that. Nevertheless, it may cost you rather a cent.
- Outpatient rehab programs resemble residential ones; only they help throughout the morning and night so that you would still have an chance to go to work and bear the obligations that you have. However because of such a format, these programs may last for a few months.
- There are likewise faith-based domestic rehab programs that you may discover practical. What is more, most of them are free of charge and do not even require you to belong to a particular faith. One such company providing these programs is Redemption Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in White Plains, New York are another possibility for those of you who can not afford to pay for them with your own cash. Medicare and Medicaid include such a possibility in their insurance coverage plans. Nevertheless, you require to inspect whether they are available for your plan and area, as well as whether your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program?
The main concept of the White Plains, New York 12 step program is that we can assist each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other dependencies, but not without surrendering to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own analysis or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 steps the like AA?
The 12 actions were produced by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), however its concepts ended up being rather popular among numerous other individuals with numerous substance use problems. Thus, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group methods, but you can use them to conquer any other addiction or compulsion.
For how long does it require to do all 12 steps?
It all depends upon your own issues and capabilities to conquer drug addiction or any other concern. Numerous sponsors like to deal with their clients by making them concern 90 meetings in 90 days, which is something you might consider to be the bare minimum of the amount of time that 12 steps will draw from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups using 12-step programs in their practice, however some of them consist of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (including Cocaine Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Kid of Alcoholics, Dual Diagnosis Anonymous, and so on.