The 12-step program is among the tools used by individuals to overcome addiction issues that they may have. Originally the 12-step program was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous, however it became quite popular and effective to name a few associations as well, which is why it might be a good concept to see how this treatment can help you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this post and find out how the Warner Robins, Georgia 12-step programs work and whether or not you may want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Warner Robins
Overall, 12-step programs consist of 12 standards that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other completely self-supporting organization ought to use to help individuals overcome their dependency and provide recovery support to anyone who requires it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its original kind, produced at first for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and offered for homeowners of Warner Robins, Georgia:
- Confess your previous (or present) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Believe that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Decide that you are ready to turn your will over to God to look after it (as we comprehend Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other human beings the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to eliminate all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Ask for God’s assistance in this process;.
- Make a list of people that you have actually injured before and be ready to apologize to them;.
- Make direct amends to their people whenever you can, but do not approach those that would be hurt because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and be willing to apologize whenever you understand that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your healing;.
- Enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever form we picture Him through prayers and meditation;.
- Once ready, be ready to move your knowledge and experience to other alcoholics, as well as continue to practice these principles throughout your entire life.
Warner Robins, GA 12-Step Program Rehab.
There are likewise 12 customs included in Warner Robins, Georgia 12-step programs, and in comparison with the 12 principles explained above, 12 traditions are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every specific separately.
Here are these 12 traditions:.
- To end up being an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a wish to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one function: to bring the 12-step message to individuals experiencing their dependency;
- The common welfare of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more important than an specific one, as the whole recovery process depends on the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever type we envision Him, is the one ultimate authority for everyone. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group need to be independent of all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial and do not provide their name to any other organizations, as otherwise, it would sidetrack us from the primary purpose of helping those having difficulties with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any kind of aid from other companies;
- AA groups were developed as nonprofessional organizations and they need to stay by doing this. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA must not be arranged in any other way, but they might create service boards in order to assist those they serve;
- Confidential Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outdoors matters, which is why its name should not be prepared throughout public confrontations. Its participants have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations ought to remain for the purposes of attracting those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not only on the help of another party but on its anonymity also, which is why privacy is the spiritual guideline of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted principles are more important than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Warner Robins, Georgia
Programs based upon spiritual awakening concepts, which is why some of you might find them uneasy at first.
However, it all depends upon your own interpretation and individuals with whom you will go through the whole procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the approval that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can help us with all our affairs and problems is.
You might get rid of any references to the higher Power while dealing with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative analyses of steps that are based on the initial ones, or adhere to the conventional form if comfortable with its spiritual principles.
Warner Robins 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is difficult to understand any accurate data on the 12-step program efficiency because of its anonymity concept, it is known that 74% of USA treatment centers utilize this kind of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance policies cover the expenses of Warner Robins, Georgia 12-step programs, which is why you may not even need to pay extra money to get this type of help from various treatment centers.
Based on the worldwide approval and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs work. It is like with therapy types: you require to find your own way of handling your problem, be it substance addiction or anything else, and integrating the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is one of the manner ins which can help you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Warner Robins, GA
Not everyone likes 12 steps or has any impact from this approach, which is why it might be crucial to discuss some alternatives that you can discover nowadays.
Here is the list of some such options:.
- Residential programs of rehabilitation that take place in expert rehab centers are the most efficient ways of managing your dependencies, which is why you may consider them first. You just will create a substance-free environment where specialists will look after you and ensure that you maintain abstinence after that. Nevertheless, it may cost you rather a penny.
- Outpatient rehabilitation programs are similar to domestic ones; just they assist during the early morning and night so that you would still have an chance to go to work and bear the obligations that you have. But because of such a format, these programs may last for a few months.
- There are also faith-based domestic rehabilitation programs that you might find practical. What is more, the majority of them are free of charge and do not even require you to come from a specific faith. One such organization supplying these programs is Salvation Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Warner Robins, Georgia are another possibility for those of you who can not manage to pay for them with your own money. Medicare and Medicaid consist of such a possibility in their insurance coverage plans. However, you need to check whether they are readily available for your plan and region, as well as whether your rehabilitation center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program?
The main principle of the Warner Robins, Georgia 12 step program is that we can help each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other dependencies, but not without giving up to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own analysis or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 steps the like AA?
The 12 steps were created by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), however its concepts became quite popular amongst lots of other people with various substance use issues. Thus, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group techniques, but you can utilize them to get rid of any other dependency or obsession.
How long does it take to do all 12 actions?
It all depends upon your own problems and abilities to get rid of drug addiction or any other concern. Numerous sponsors like to deal with their customers by making them pertain to 90 conferences in 90 days, which is something you could think about to be the bare minimum of the quantity of time that 12 actions will take from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no total list of all groups utilizing 12-step programs in their practice, but a few of them include Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (including Drug Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Children of Alcoholics, Double Diagnosis Anonymous, and so on.