The 12-step program is among the tools utilized by people to overcome addiction problems that they may have. Initially the 12-step program was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous, but it ended up being rather popular and effective among other associations as well, which is why it might be a great idea to see how this treatment can assist you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this short article and discover how the Santa Fe, New Mexico 12-step programs work and whether you may wish to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Santa Fe
In general, 12-step programs consist of 12 guidelines that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other completely self-supporting organization need to use to help people overcome their addiction and offer recovery support to anybody who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its initial type, created initially for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and offered for residents of Santa Fe, New Mexico:
- Admit your previous (or present) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Think that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Decide that you are ready to turn your will over to God to take care of it (as we comprehend Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other human beings the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to eliminate all these defects that brought you to the place in which you are right now;.
- Ask for God’s assistance in this procedure;.
- Make a list of people that you have actually injured prior to and be ready to apologize to them;.
- Make direct amends to their people whenever you can, but do not approach those that would be hurt because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and be willing to ask forgiveness whenever you comprehend that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your recovery;.
- Improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type we imagine Him through prayers and meditation;.
- As soon as prepared, be ready to move your knowledge and experience to other alcoholics, in addition to continue to practice these principles throughout your whole life.
Santa Fe, NM 12-Step Program Rehab.
There are also 12 traditions included in Santa Fe, New Mexico 12-step programs, and in comparison with the 12 principles described above, 12 customs are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every specific individually.
Here are these 12 customs:.
- To end up being an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a dream to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to carry the 12-step message to individuals struggling with their dependency;
- The common welfare of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more important than an specific one, as the entire recovery process depends on the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous community;
- God, in whatever kind we picture Him, is the one ultimate authority for everyone. The leaders of our AA neighborhood are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group need to be independent of all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial and do not lend their name to any other companies, as otherwise, it would sidetrack us from the main purpose of helping those having difficulties with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any type of aid from other companies;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional organizations and they ought to stay in this manner. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA should not be organized in any other way, but they could create service boards in order to help those they serve;
- Anonymous Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outdoors matters, which is why its name should not be drawn up throughout public conflicts. Its individuals have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations need to stay for the purposes of drawing in those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not only on the help of another celebration however on its anonymity also, which is why anonymity is the sacred rule of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted principles are more important than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Programs based on spiritual awakening principles, which is why a few of you may find them unpleasant initially.
However, it all depends on your own analysis and individuals with whom you will go through the entire procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can assist us with all our affairs and difficulties is.
You might get rid of any recommendations to the higher Power while working with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative interpretations of steps that are based upon the original ones, or stay with the standard kind if comfy with its spiritual principles.
Santa Fe 12 Step Program Treatment Advantages.
Although it is tough to grasp any precise data on the 12-step program efficiency because of its anonymity concept, it is understood that 74% of USA treatment centers utilize this type of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance plan cover the expenses of Santa Fe, New Mexico 12-step programs, which is why you might not even require to pay extra money to get this sort of assistance from various treatment centers.
Based on the worldwide acceptance and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs work. It is like with treatment types: you require to find your own method of handling your problem, be it substance addiction or anything else, and integrating the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is among the ways that can help you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Santa Fe, NM
Not everyone likes 12 steps or has any effect from this approach, which is why it might be important to go over some alternatives that you can find nowadays.
Here is the list of some such alternatives:.
- Residential programs of rehab that take place in professional rehabilitation centers are the most effective methods of managing your dependencies, which is why you might consider them first. You merely will produce a substance-free environment where experts will take care of you and ensure that you preserve abstinence after that. Nevertheless, it might cost you quite a cent.
- Outpatient rehab programs resemble domestic ones; just they help during the morning and night so that you would still have an opportunity to go to work and bear the obligations that you have. But because of such a format, these programs may last for a few months.
- There are also faith-based residential rehab programs that you might find valuable. What is more, the majority of them are free of charge and do not even need you to belong to a specific faith. One such company offering these programs is Redemption Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Santa Fe, New Mexico are another possibility for those of you who can not afford to spend for them with your own cash. Medicare and Medicaid consist of such a possibility in their insurance coverage plans. However, you require to examine whether they are available for your plan and area, as well as whether your rehabilitation center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program?
The primary principle of the Santa Fe, New Mexico 12 step program is that we can help each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other addictions, however not without giving up to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own interpretation or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 actions the same as AA?
The 12 actions were produced by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), but its concepts ended up being quite popular amongst numerous other people with different substance use problems. Thus, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group approaches, however you can utilize them to get rid of any other addiction or compulsion.
How long does it take to do all 12 actions?
It all depends upon your own problems and capabilities to get rid of drug addiction or any other problem. Many sponsors like to work with their clients by making them concern 90 meetings in 90 days, which is something you could consider to be the bare minimum of the quantity of time that 12 actions will draw from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no total list of all groups using 12-step programs in their practice, however a few of them consist of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (including Cocaine Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Adult Kid of Alcoholics, Dual Medical Diagnosis Confidential, and so on.