The 12-step program is one of the tools used by individuals to overcome addiction issues that they may have. Initially the 12-step program was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous, but it ended up being rather popular and efficient to name a few associations also, which is why it might be a excellent concept to see how this treatment can help you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this article and find out how the San Juan, Puerto Rico 12-step programs work and whether you might want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in San Juan
In general, 12-step programs consist of 12 standards that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other fully self-supporting organization need to utilize to help people overcome their dependency and offer recovery support to anyone who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its original type, produced at first for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and readily available for residents of San Juan, Puerto Rico:
- Admit your previous (or present) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Believe that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can conserve you from sins;
- Choose that you are ready to turn your will over to God to look after it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Admit to God and other humans the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to eliminate all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Request for God’s assistance in this procedure;.
- Make a list of individuals that you have injured before and be ready to ask forgiveness to them;.
- Make direct amends to their individuals whenever you can, however do not approach those that would be injured because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and want to say sorry whenever you understand that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your recovery;.
- Enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind we envision Him through prayers and meditation;.
- As soon as ready, be ready to transfer your knowledge and experience to other alcoholics, in addition to continue to practice these concepts throughout your entire life.
San Juan, PR 12-Step Program Rehab.
There are also 12 customs included in San Juan, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, and in contrast with the 12 principles described above, 12 traditions are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every individual independently.
Here are these 12 customs:.
- To end up being an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a dream to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to bring the 12-step message to individuals struggling with their dependency;
- The common well-being of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more crucial than an individual one, as the entire recovery process depends upon the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever form we imagine Him, is the one ultimate authority for everyone. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group must be independent of all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial and do not lend their name to any other organizations, as otherwise, it would sidetrack us from the primary purpose of helping those having troubles with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any kind of assistance from other organizations;
- AA groups were created as nonprofessional organizations and they need to stay in this manner. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA ought to not be arranged in any other way, however they could create service boards in order to assist those they serve;
- Confidential Alcoholics do not have any opinion on outdoors matters, which is why its name must not be prepared during public confrontations. Its individuals have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations ought to remain for the functions of bring in those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not just on the aid of another party but on its privacy too, which is why anonymity is the spiritual guideline of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted principles are more crucial than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Programs based on spiritual awakening principles, which is why a few of you might discover them uneasy at first.
However, it all depends upon your own interpretation and individuals with whom you will go through the whole procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can help us with all our affairs and difficulties is.
You could eliminate any recommendations to the higher Power while dealing with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative analyses of steps that are based upon the original ones, or stick to the conventional kind if comfortable with its spiritual principles.
San Juan 12 Step Program Treatment Advantages.
Although it is tough to grasp any precise information on the 12-step program efficiency because of its privacy concept, it is understood that 74% of USA treatment centers use this type of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance plan cover the costs of San Juan, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, which is why you might not even need to pay extra cash to get this kind of aid from numerous treatment centers.
Based on the around the world acceptance and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs are effective. It is like with treatment types: you need to find your own method of handling your problem, be it substance addiction or anything else, and integrating the 12 steps with the desire to attend meetings is among the manner ins which can assist you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in San Juan, PR
Not everyone likes 12 actions or has any effect from this approach, which is why it might be crucial to discuss some alternatives that you can discover these days.
Here is the list of some such alternatives:.
- Residential programs of rehab that take place in expert rehab centers are the most effective methods of managing your dependencies, which is why you might consider them initially. You simply will develop a substance-free environment where professionals will take care of you and make certain that you maintain abstaining after that. Nevertheless, it may cost you rather a penny.
- Outpatient rehab programs are similar to property ones; only they assist during the early morning and night so that you would still have an opportunity to go to work and bear the obligations that you have. But because of such a format, these programs might last for a few months.
- There are also faith-based domestic rehab programs that you might find practical. What is more, the majority of them are free of charge and do not even require you to come from a specific faith. One such company providing these programs is Salvation Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in San Juan, Puerto Rico are another possibility for those of you who can not afford to spend for them with your own money. Medicare and Medicaid include such a possibility in their insurance coverage strategies. However, you need to examine whether they are readily available for your plan and area, in addition to whether or not your rehabilitation center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program?
The primary principle of the San Juan, Puerto Rico 12 step program is that we can assist each other out to conquer our drug abuse or any other addictions, but not without surrendering to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own interpretation or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 actions the same as AA?
The 12 steps were produced by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), but its principles ended up being quite popular among lots of other people with various substance use issues. Thus, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group methods, but you can utilize them to conquer any other addiction or compulsion.
How long does it take to do all 12 steps?
All of it depends on your own problems and abilities to overcome drug addiction or any other problem. Many sponsors like to deal with their customers by making them pertain to 90 meetings in 90 days, which is something you could consider to be the bare minimum of the amount of time that 12 steps will draw from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups utilizing 12-step programs in their practice, but some of them consist of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (including Drug Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Children of Alcoholics, Double Medical Diagnosis Anonymous, and so on.