The 12-step program is one of the tools utilized by people to overcome addiction issues that they might have. Originally the 12-step program was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous, but it became rather popular and efficient among other associations too, which is why it might be a good idea to see how this treatment can assist you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this article and learn how the San German, Puerto Rico 12-step programs work and whether or not you may want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in San German
In general, 12-step programs include 12 standards that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other completely self-supporting company need to use to assist individuals conquer their dependency and supply recovery support to anyone who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its initial kind, created at first for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and offered for citizens of San German, Puerto Rico:
- Admit your previous (or existing) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Think that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can conserve you from sins;
- Choose that you are ready to turn your will over to God to take care of it (as we comprehend Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other human beings the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to get rid of all these defects that brought you to the place in which you are right now;.
- Request God’s assistance in this process;.
- Make a list of individuals that you have actually harmed before and be ready to say sorry to them;.
- Make direct amends to their individuals whenever you can, however do not approach those that would be hurt because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and be willing to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your healing;.
- Improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type we envision Him through prayers and meditation;.
- As soon as all set, be ready to transfer your understanding and experience to other alcoholics, as well as continue to practice these principles throughout your entire life.
San German, PR 12-Step Program Rehab.
There are also 12 traditions included in San German, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, and in comparison with the 12 concepts explained above, 12 customs are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every individual independently.
Here are these 12 traditions:.
- To end up being an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a wish to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to bring the 12-step message to individuals suffering from their dependency;
- The common well-being of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more crucial than an specific one, as the whole recovery process depends upon the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever form we picture Him, is the one ultimate authority for everyone. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group must be independent of all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial and do not provide their name to any other companies, as otherwise, it would distract us from the main purpose of helping those having difficulties with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any type of assistance from other companies;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional organizations and they should stay in this manner. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA must not be organized in any other way, but they could create service boards in order to help those they serve;
- Anonymous Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outdoors matters, which is why its name should not be drawn up throughout public confrontations. Its participants have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations ought to stay for the functions of drawing in those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not just on the help of another celebration but on its anonymity too, which is why privacy is the sacred rule of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted concepts are more important than individual desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in San German, Puerto Rico
Programs based on spiritual awakening concepts, which is why a few of you may discover them unpleasant in the beginning.
However, it all depends on your own analysis and the people with whom you will go through the entire process of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can assist us with all our affairs and difficulties is.
You might remove any recommendations to the higher Power while dealing with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative interpretations of actions that are based upon the original ones, or adhere to the standard type if comfy with its spiritual principles.
San German 12 Step Program Treatment Advantages.
Although it is tough to grasp any accurate information on the 12-step program efficiency because of its anonymity principle, it is understood that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers utilize this kind of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance coverage cover the expenses of San German, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, which is why you might not even need to pay extra cash to get this kind of assistance from various treatment centers.
Based on the around the world approval and popularity, you can state for sure that 12-step programs are effective. It is like with treatment types: you require to find your own method of dealing with your problem, be it substance addiction or anything else, and combining the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is among the manner ins which can assist you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in San German, PR
Not everybody likes 12 actions or has any impact from this method, which is why it might be important to talk about some options that you can find nowadays.
Here is the list of some such options:.
- Residential programs of rehabilitation that take place in professional rehabilitation centers are the most effective ways of dealing with your dependencies, which is why you may consider them first. You just will create a substance-free environment where professionals will take care of you and ensure that you preserve abstaining after that. However, it might cost you rather a penny.
- Outpatient rehab programs are similar to residential ones; just they assist throughout the early morning and night so that you would still have an opportunity to go to work and bear the obligations that you have. But because of such a format, these programs might last for a few months.
- There are also faith-based domestic rehab programs that you might find practical. What is more, the majority of them are free of charge and do not even need you to belong to a particular faith. One such company providing these programs is Redemption Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in San German, Puerto Rico are another possibility for those of you who can not pay for to pay for them with your own money. Medicare and Medicaid consist of such a possibility in their insurance plans. Nevertheless, you require to examine whether they are offered for your plan and region, along with whether or not your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard concept of a 12-Step program?
The main concept of the San German, Puerto Rico 12 step program is that we can assist each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other addictions, but not without surrendering to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own analysis or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 actions the same as AA?
The 12 steps were created by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), but its concepts became quite popular among numerous other people with various substance use issues. Hence, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group techniques, however you can use them to get rid of any other dependency or compulsion.
The length of time does it take to do all 12 steps?
It all depends upon your own problems and abilities to overcome drug addiction or any other problem. Many sponsors like to work with their customers by making them concern 90 meetings in 90 days, which is something you might think about to be the bare minimum of the quantity of time that 12 steps will take from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups utilizing 12-step programs in their practice, but a few of them consist of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (including Drug Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Children of Alcoholics, Double Medical Diagnosis Confidential, and so on.