The 12-step program is among the tools used by individuals to overcome addiction issues that they may have. Initially the 12-step program was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous, however it became rather popular and efficient to name a few associations too, which is why it might be a great concept to see how this treatment can help you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this article and find out how the Queens, New York 12-step programs work and whether or not you may want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Queens
Overall, 12-step programs include 12 guidelines that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other totally self-supporting organization ought to utilize to help people overcome their dependency and supply recovery support to anybody who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its initial kind, developed initially for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and available for locals of Queens, New York:
- Confess your previous (or existing) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Think that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Decide that you are ready to turn your will over to God to take care of it (as we comprehend Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to remove all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Request for God’s assistance in this process;.
- Make a list of people that you have hurt before and be ready to say sorry to them;.
- Make direct amends to their people whenever you can, however do not approach those that would be hurt because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and be willing to apologize whenever you comprehend that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your healing;.
- Enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type we imagine Him through prayers and meditation;.
- As soon as prepared, be ready to transfer your understanding and experience to other alcoholics, along with continue to practice these concepts throughout your entire life.
Queens, NY 12-Step Program Rehabilitation.
There are likewise 12 traditions consisted of in Queens, New York 12-step programs, and in contrast with the 12 concepts explained above, 12 customs are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every specific separately.
Here are these 12 traditions:.
- To become an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a desire to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to carry the 12-step message to individuals suffering from their addiction;
- The typical welfare of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more vital than an individual one, as the whole recovery process depends on the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever type we imagine Him, is the one ultimate authority for everybody. The leaders of our AA neighborhood are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group should be independent of all others;
- AA groups must always remain non-financial and do not provide their name to any other organizations, as otherwise, it would distract us from the main function of helping those having problems with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any type of assistance from other organizations;
- AA groups were developed as nonprofessional companies and they ought to remain by doing this. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA must not be organized in any other way, but they could create service boards in order to help those they serve;
- Anonymous Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outdoors matters, which is why its name ought to not be drawn up during public fights. Its individuals have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations ought to stay for the purposes of attracting those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not only on the aid of another party however on its anonymity also, which is why anonymity is the sacred guideline of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted principles are more crucial than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Queens, New York
Programs based on spiritual awakening principles, which is why a few of you might discover them uncomfortable initially.
Nevertheless, it all depends on your own analysis and individuals with whom you will go through the entire procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, but the approval that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can assist us with all our affairs and troubles is.
You could remove any references to the higher Power while working with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative analyses of steps that are based upon the initial ones, or adhere to the standard form if comfortable with its spiritual principles.
Queens 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is difficult to comprehend any accurate information on the 12-step program effectiveness because of its privacy concept, it is known that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers utilize this type of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance plan cover the costs of Queens, New York 12-step programs, which is why you may not even require to pay additional money to get this sort of aid from different treatment centers.
Based on the around the world acceptance and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs are effective. It resembles with treatment types: you require to discover your own method of handling your issue, be it substance addiction or anything else, and integrating the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is among the ways that can assist you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Queens, NY
Not everyone likes 12 actions or has any impact from this technique, which is why it might be crucial to discuss some options that you can discover these days.
Here is the list of some such alternatives:.
- Residential programs of rehabilitation that occur in professional rehab centers are the most effective ways of handling your dependencies, which is why you might consider them first. You simply will produce a substance-free environment where specialists will look after you and make sure that you keep abstinence after that. However, it might cost you rather a cent.
- Outpatient rehabilitation programs resemble domestic ones; only they help throughout the morning and night so that you would still have an opportunity to go to work and bear the duties that you have. But because of such a format, these programs might last for a few months.
- There are also faith-based property rehab programs that you may discover handy. What is more, the majority of them are free of charge and do not even need you to come from a specific faith. One such organization supplying these programs is Salvation Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Queens, New York are another possibility for those of you who can not pay for to pay for them with your own cash. Medicare and Medicaid include such a possibility in their insurance coverage strategies. However, you need to inspect whether they are offered for your strategy and area, as well as whether your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program?
The main concept of the Queens, New York 12 step program is that we can assist each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other dependencies, but not without surrendering to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own analysis or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 steps the like AA?
The 12 actions were created by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), but its principles became rather popular amongst lots of other individuals with numerous substance use issues. Hence, 12 actions can be a part of your AA group approaches, but you can use them to overcome any other addiction or obsession.
For how long does it take to do all 12 steps?
All of it depends upon your own issues and capabilities to get rid of drug addiction or any other problem. Lots of sponsors like to work with their customers by making them come to 90 meetings in 90 days, which is something you could consider to be the bare minimum of the amount of time that 12 actions will take from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups using 12-step programs in their practice, but some of them include Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (including Cocaine Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Adult Children of Alcoholics, Dual Medical Diagnosis Anonymous, and so on.