The 12-step program is one of the tools utilized by individuals to overcome addiction problems that they may have. Originally the 12-step program was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous, however it ended up being rather popular and effective to name a few associations also, which is why it might be a good idea to see how this treatment can assist you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this post and discover how the Ponce, Puerto Rico 12-step programs work and whether you might want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Ponce
In general, 12-step programs include 12 standards that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other fully self-supporting company need to utilize to help people conquer their dependency and supply recovery support to anyone who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its original type, produced at first for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and available for homeowners of Ponce, Puerto Rico:
- Admit your previous (or present) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Think that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Choose that you are ready to turn your will over to God to look after it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to eliminate all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Ask for God’s aid in this procedure;.
- Make a list of individuals that you have actually harmed before and be ready to say sorry to them;.
- Make direct amends to their people whenever you can, however do not approach those that would be injured because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and want to apologize whenever you comprehend that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your healing;.
- Enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type we picture Him through prayers and meditation;.
- When ready, be ready to transfer your understanding and experience to other alcoholics, along with continue to practice these concepts throughout your entire life.
Ponce, PR 12-Step Program Rehabilitation.
There are also 12 customs consisted of in Ponce, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, and in contrast with the 12 concepts described above, 12 traditions are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every private separately.
Here are these 12 traditions:.
- To become an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a dream to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one function: to bring the 12-step message to individuals struggling with their addiction;
- The common well-being of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more crucial than an private one, as the entire recovery process depends upon the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever form we imagine Him, is the one ultimate authority for everyone. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group should be independent of all others;
- AA groups must always stay non-financial and do not lend their name to any other companies, as otherwise, it would distract us from the main function of helping those having problems with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any kind of assistance from other companies;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional organizations and they should stay by doing this. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA ought to not be arranged in any other way, but they could create service boards in order to help those they serve;
- Anonymous Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outside matters, which is why its name needs to not be drawn up throughout public conflicts. Its individuals have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations should remain for the purposes of drawing in those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not only on the aid of another party however on its anonymity also, which is why privacy is the sacred rule of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted concepts are more crucial than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Ponce, Puerto Rico
Programs based upon spiritual awakening principles, which is why a few of you might discover them uneasy initially.
However, it all depends on your own interpretation and the people with whom you will go through the whole process of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can help us with all our affairs and problems is.
You might remove any references to the higher Power while working with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative interpretations of steps that are based upon the original ones, or stick to the traditional kind if comfy with its spiritual principles.
Ponce 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is hard to comprehend any accurate data on the 12-step program efficiency because of its privacy principle, it is understood that 74% of USA treatment centers use this kind of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance plan cover the expenses of Ponce, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, which is why you may not even need to pay additional cash to get this kind of help from different treatment centers.
Based on the around the world approval and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs work. It resembles with treatment types: you need to find your own method of handling your problem, be it substance addiction or anything else, and combining the 12 steps with the desire to attend meetings is among the ways that can assist you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Ponce, PR
Not everyone likes 12 steps or has any impact from this approach, which is why it might be essential to talk about some options that you can discover these days.
Here is the list of some such alternatives:.
- Residential programs of rehab that take place in expert rehab centers are the most efficient methods of managing your addictions, which is why you might consider them initially. You simply will develop a substance-free environment where professionals will look after you and make certain that you preserve abstaining after that. Nevertheless, it might cost you quite a cent.
- Outpatient rehabilitation programs are similar to domestic ones; just they help throughout the morning and night so that you would still have an chance to go to work and bear the obligations that you have. However because of such a format, these programs might last for a couple of months.
- There are also faith-based residential rehab programs that you may discover valuable. What is more, the majority of them are free of charge and do not even require you to belong to a particular faith. One such organization supplying these programs is Salvation Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Ponce, Puerto Rico are another possibility for those of you who can not pay for to pay for them with your own money. Medicare and Medicaid consist of such a possibility in their insurance plans. However, you require to inspect whether they are readily available for your strategy and region, as well as whether or not your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program?
The primary principle of the Ponce, Puerto Rico 12 step program is that we can help each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other addictions, however not without giving up to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own analysis or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 actions the same as AA?
The 12 actions were developed by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), however its concepts ended up being rather popular amongst numerous other people with various substance use problems. Therefore, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group approaches, however you can use them to conquer any other addiction or compulsion.
The length of time does it require to do all 12 steps?
Everything depends on your own problems and abilities to get rid of drug addiction or any other issue. Many sponsors like to deal with their customers by making them come to 90 conferences in 90 days, which is something you could consider to be the bare minimum of the amount of time that 12 steps will draw from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no total list of all groups using 12-step programs in their practice, but some of them include Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous ( consisting of Drug Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Kid of Alcoholics, Double Diagnosis Anonymous, and so on.