The 12-step program is among the tools used by people to overcome addiction problems that they may have. Initially the 12-step program was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous, however it ended up being quite popular and efficient among other associations too, which is why it might be a good concept to see how this treatment can assist you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this article and find out how the Pinellas Park, Florida 12-step programs work and whether or not you might wish to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Pinellas Park
In general, 12-step programs consist of 12 standards that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other completely self-supporting company should use to assist people overcome their addiction and supply recovery support to anybody who requires it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its original form, created at first for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and readily available for residents of Pinellas Park, Florida:
- Confess your previous (or existing) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Believe that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can conserve you from sins;
- Decide that you are ready to turn your will over to God to take care of it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to get rid of all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Request for God’s help in this process;.
- Make a list of people that you have injured prior to and be ready to ask forgiveness to them;.
- Make direct amends to their people whenever you can, but do not approach those that would be injured because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and want to apologize whenever you comprehend that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your recovery;.
- Enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type we picture Him through prayers and meditation;.
- When ready, be ready to move your knowledge and experience to other alcoholics, as well as continue to practice these concepts throughout your entire life.
Pinellas Park, FL 12-Step Program Rehabilitation.
There are also 12 traditions consisted of in Pinellas Park, Florida 12-step programs, and in comparison with the 12 principles explained above, 12 traditions are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every private separately.
Here are these 12 customs:.
- To become an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a dream to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to bring the 12-step message to individuals experiencing their addiction;
- The typical welfare of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more vital than an specific one, as the entire recovery process depends upon the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous community;
- God, in whatever type we envision Him, is the one ultimate authority for everyone. The leaders of our AA neighborhood are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group must be independent of all others;
- AA groups need to always stay non-financial and do not provide their name to any other companies, as otherwise, it would distract us from the primary purpose of helping those having difficulties with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any kind of aid from other companies;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional companies and they need to stay in this manner. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA must not be organized in any other way, but they could create service boards in order to help those they serve;
- Confidential Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outdoors matters, which is why its name ought to not be drawn up during public fights. Its participants have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations should remain for the purposes of attracting those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not just on the aid of another celebration but on its anonymity also, which is why privacy is the sacred guideline of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted principles are more important than individual desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Pinellas Park, Florida
Programs based on spiritual awakening principles, which is why a few of you might discover them uneasy at first.
Nevertheless, everything depends upon your own analysis and the people with whom you will go through the entire process of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can help us with all our affairs and troubles is.
You might remove any references to the higher Power while dealing with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative analyses of steps that are based on the original ones, or stick to the standard form if comfy with its spiritual principles.
Pinellas Park 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is tough to comprehend any accurate data on the 12-step program efficiency because of its anonymity principle, it is known that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers use this type of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance policies cover the expenses of Pinellas Park, Florida 12-step programs, which is why you might not even need to pay extra money to get this kind of aid from various treatment centers.
Based on the worldwide acceptance and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs work. It is like with therapy types: you need to discover your own method of handling your problem, be it substance addiction or anything else, and integrating the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is among the ways that can assist you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Pinellas Park, FL
Not everybody likes 12 actions or has any impact from this technique, which is why it might be essential to go over some options that you can discover nowadays.
Here is the list of some such options:.
- Residential programs of rehab that happen in professional rehabilitation centers are the most effective methods of coping with your addictions, which is why you might consider them first. You merely will develop a substance-free environment where specialists will take care of you and make certain that you maintain abstaining after that. However, it may cost you quite a cent.
- Outpatient rehab programs are similar to domestic ones; only they help during the early morning and night so that you would still have an opportunity to go to work and bear the duties that you have. However because of such a format, these programs might last for a few months.
- There are likewise faith-based residential rehab programs that you might discover useful. What is more, the majority of them are free of charge and do not even require you to come from a specific faith. One such company providing these programs is Redemption Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Pinellas Park, Florida are another possibility for those of you who can not manage to pay for them with your own cash. Medicare and Medicaid consist of such a possibility in their insurance coverage plans. However, you need to check whether they are offered for your strategy and region, as well as whether your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard idea of a 12-Step program?
The main concept of the Pinellas Park, Florida 12 step program is that we can help each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other dependencies, however not without surrendering to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own analysis or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 steps the like AA?
The 12 steps were created by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), but its concepts ended up being quite popular amongst many other individuals with various substance use issues. Thus, 12 actions can be a part of your AA group techniques, however you can use them to overcome any other addiction or obsession.
The length of time does it take to do all 12 steps?
It all depends on your own problems and abilities to conquer drug addiction or any other issue. Many sponsors like to deal with their clients by making them come to 90 meetings in 90 days, which is something you might think about to be the bare minimum of the amount of time that 12 actions will take from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups using 12-step programs in their practice, but some of them include Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous ( consisting of Drug Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Children of Alcoholics, Dual Diagnosis Confidential, and so on.