The 12-step program is among the tools used by people to overcome addiction problems that they may have. Originally the 12-step program was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous, however it ended up being rather popular and reliable among other associations too, which is why it might be a great concept to see how this treatment can help you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this article and learn how the Los Angeles, California 12-step programs work and whether or not you might want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Los Angeles
In general, 12-step programs consist of 12 guidelines that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other fully self-supporting company must use to assist people overcome their dependency and supply recovery support to anyone who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its original kind, created initially for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and readily available for homeowners of Los Angeles, California:
- Confess your previous (or present) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Think that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Choose that you are ready to turn your will over to God to look after it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other people the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to eliminate all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Request God’s assistance in this process;.
- Make a list of individuals that you have harmed before and be ready to apologize to them;.
- Make direct amends to their individuals whenever you can, however do not approach those that would be hurt because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and want to say sorry whenever you understand that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your healing;.
- Enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever kind we envision Him through prayers and meditation;.
- When all set, be ready to transfer your understanding and experience to other alcoholics, as well as continue to practice these principles throughout your whole life.
Los Angeles, CA 12-Step Program Rehabilitation.
There are also 12 customs included in Los Angeles, California 12-step programs, and in contrast with the 12 concepts explained above, 12 customs are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every specific individually.
Here are these 12 traditions:.
- To become an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a wish to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to carry the 12-step message to individuals suffering from their dependency;
- The common welfare of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more vital than an specific one, as the entire recovery process depends on the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever kind we picture Him, is the one ultimate authority for everyone. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group must be independent of all others;
- AA groups must constantly stay non-financial and do not provide their name to any other companies, as otherwise, it would sidetrack us from the primary purpose of helping those having problems with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any type of aid from other companies;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional organizations and they should remain this way. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA must not be arranged in any other way, but they could create service boards in order to assist those they serve;
- Anonymous Alcoholics do not have any opinion on outside matters, which is why its name must not be drawn up during public confrontations. Its participants have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations need to stay for the purposes of attracting those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not only on the aid of another party but on its privacy as well, which is why privacy is the sacred guideline of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted principles are more crucial than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Los Angeles, California
Programs based on spiritual awakening concepts, which is why a few of you might discover them uncomfortable initially.
However, everything depends upon your own analysis and individuals with whom you will go through the whole process of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, but the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can assist us with all our affairs and troubles is.
You might get rid of any referrals to the higher Power while dealing with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative analyses of actions that are based on the initial ones, or stick to the traditional kind if comfy with its spiritual principles.
Los Angeles 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is tough to understand any precise information on the 12-step program efficiency because of its anonymity concept, it is understood that 74% of USA treatment centers utilize this kind of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance plan cover the costs of Los Angeles, California 12-step programs, which is why you may not even need to pay additional money to get this kind of assistance from various treatment centers.
Based upon the worldwide approval and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs work. It resembles with treatment types: you need to find your own method of dealing with your issue, be it substance addiction or anything else, and integrating the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is one of the ways that can help you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Los Angeles, CA
Not everybody likes 12 steps or has any effect from this technique, which is why it might be important to go over some alternatives that you can discover nowadays.
Here is the list of some such alternatives:.
- Residential programs of rehabilitation that take place in expert rehab centers are the most effective methods of dealing with your addictions, which is why you may consider them first. You merely will create a substance-free environment where experts will look after you and make certain that you keep abstaining after that. However, it may cost you quite a cent.
- Outpatient rehab programs resemble property ones; only they assist during the morning and night so that you would still have an chance to go to work and bear the duties that you have. But because of such a format, these programs may last for a few months.
- There are likewise faith-based residential rehabilitation programs that you may find handy. What is more, most of them are free of charge and do not even need you to come from a specific faith. One such company providing these programs is Redemption Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Los Angeles, California are another possibility for those of you who can not afford to pay for them with your own cash. Medicare and Medicaid consist of such a possibility in their insurance strategies. Nevertheless, you need to examine whether they are available for your plan and region, as well as whether or not your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic principle of a 12-Step program?
The main concept of the Los Angeles, California 12 step program is that we can assist each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other addictions, but not without giving up to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own interpretation or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 actions the like AA?
The 12 steps were created by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), however its principles ended up being rather popular amongst lots of other people with different substance use issues. Therefore, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group approaches, however you can utilize them to conquer any other addiction or compulsion.
How long does it require to do all 12 steps?
All of it depends upon your own problems and abilities to conquer drug addiction or any other concern. Many sponsors like to deal with their customers by making them concern 90 meetings in 90 days, which is something you could think about to be the bare minimum of the quantity of time that 12 actions will take from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups utilizing 12-step programs in their practice, however some of them consist of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous ( consisting of Drug Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Adult Kid of Alcoholics, Double Medical Diagnosis Anonymous, and so on.