The 12-step program is one of the tools utilized by individuals to overcome addiction problems that they may have. Initially the 12-step program was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous, however it ended up being rather popular and efficient to name a few associations too, which is why it might be a good idea to see how this treatment can help you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this article and discover how the Lakewood, California 12-step programs work and whether or not you may wish to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Lakewood
Overall, 12-step programs include 12 guidelines that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other fully self-supporting organization should use to help people overcome their dependency and supply recovery support to anyone who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its original kind, created initially for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and readily available for locals of Lakewood, California:
- Confess your previous (or current) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Think that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Choose that you are ready to turn your will over to God to look after it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Confess to God and other humans the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to remove all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Request for God’s help in this procedure;.
- Make a list of individuals that you have hurt before and be ready to ask forgiveness to them;.
- Make direct amends to their individuals whenever you can, but do not approach those that would be hurt because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and be willing to ask forgiveness whenever you understand that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your healing;.
- Improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type we picture Him through prayers and meditation;.
- As soon as ready, be ready to move your understanding and experience to other alcoholics, along with continue to practice these principles throughout your entire life.
Lakewood, CA 12-Step Program Rehab.
There are also 12 customs included in Lakewood, California 12-step programs, and in comparison with the 12 concepts explained above, 12 customs are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every individual independently.
Here are these 12 customs:.
- To end up being an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a dream to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to bring the 12-step message to individuals experiencing their dependency;
- The typical welfare of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more vital than an specific one, as the entire recovery process depends on the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever form we picture Him, is the one ultimate authority for everybody. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group need to be independent of all others;
- AA groups must constantly remain non-financial and do not provide their name to any other organizations, as otherwise, it would sidetrack us from the main function of helping those having troubles with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any kind of assistance from other organizations;
- AA groups were developed as nonprofessional organizations and they ought to remain in this manner. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA must not be organized in any other way, however they might create service boards in order to assist those they serve;
- Anonymous Alcoholics do not have any opinion on outside matters, which is why its name must not be prepared during public conflicts. Its participants have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations should stay for the functions of attracting those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not just on the aid of another party however on its anonymity as well, which is why privacy is the spiritual rule of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted concepts are more crucial than individual desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Lakewood, California
Programs based upon spiritual awakening principles, which is why some of you might discover them uncomfortable at first.
However, all of it depends on your own analysis and the people with whom you will go through the entire procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, but the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can help us with all our affairs and difficulties is.
You might eliminate any references to the higher Power while working with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative analyses of actions that are based on the original ones, or stay with the standard form if comfortable with its spiritual principles.
Lakewood 12 Step Program Treatment Advantages.
Although it is tough to grasp any precise information on the 12-step program effectiveness because of its privacy concept, it is understood that 74% of USA treatment centers use this kind of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance coverage cover the costs of Lakewood, California 12-step programs, which is why you might not even need to pay extra cash to receive this kind of help from different treatment centers.
Based on the around the world approval and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs work. It resembles with therapy types: you need to discover your own way of handling your issue, be it substance addiction or anything else, and combining the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is one of the manner ins which can help you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Lakewood, CA
Not everybody likes 12 actions or has any effect from this approach, which is why it might be important to go over some options that you can find these days.
Here is the list of some such options:.
- Residential programs of rehab that happen in professional rehabilitation centers are the most effective ways of handling your dependencies, which is why you might consider them first. You merely will produce a substance-free environment where experts will look after you and make sure that you keep abstaining after that. Nevertheless, it may cost you rather a cent.
- Outpatient rehab programs are similar to domestic ones; only they help during the morning and night so that you would still have an chance to go to work and bear the obligations that you have. But because of such a format, these programs may last for a couple of months.
- There are likewise faith-based property rehabilitation programs that you might find valuable. What is more, most of them are free of charge and do not even need you to belong to a particular faith. One such company offering these programs is Salvation Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Lakewood, California are another possibility for those of you who can not manage to pay for them with your own cash. Medicare and Medicaid include such a possibility in their insurance coverage strategies. Nevertheless, you require to inspect whether they are readily available for your strategy and area, as well as whether your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic idea of a 12-Step program?
The main concept of the Lakewood, California 12 step program is that we can assist each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other dependencies, but not without surrendering to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own analysis or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 steps the same as AA?
The 12 actions were produced by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), but its principles ended up being quite popular amongst many other individuals with numerous substance use problems. Hence, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group techniques, however you can utilize them to conquer any other addiction or obsession.
How long does it take to do all 12 actions?
Everything depends on your own issues and capabilities to conquer drug addiction or any other problem. Lots of sponsors like to deal with their customers by making them concern 90 conferences in 90 days, which is something you might think about to be the bare minimum of the quantity of time that 12 actions will take from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups using 12-step programs in their practice, but some of them include Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (including Cocaine Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Children of Alcoholics, Double Medical Diagnosis Anonymous, and so on.