The 12-step program is one of the tools used by people to overcome addiction problems that they might have. Initially the 12-step program was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous, but it ended up being quite popular and effective among other associations also, which is why it might be a great concept to see how this treatment can assist you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this post and discover how the Guayama, Puerto Rico 12-step programs work and whether you might want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Guayama
In general, 12-step programs include 12 guidelines that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other totally self-supporting organization ought to utilize to help people conquer their addiction and offer recovery support to anybody who requires it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its original kind, developed initially for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and offered for residents of Guayama, Puerto Rico:
- Admit your previous (or existing) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Think that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Decide that you are ready to turn your will over to God to look after it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Admit to God and other people the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to eliminate all these defects that brought you to the place in which you are right now;.
- Request for God’s aid in this process;.
- Make a list of individuals that you have actually injured before and be ready to say sorry to them;.
- Make direct amends to their people whenever you can, however do not approach those that would be injured because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and want to apologize whenever you understand that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your recovery;.
- Improve your conscious contact with God in whatever type we imagine Him through prayers and meditation;.
- When ready, be ready to transfer your understanding and experience to other alcoholics, in addition to continue to practice these principles throughout your entire life.
Guayama, PR 12-Step Program Rehabilitation.
There are also 12 customs included in Guayama, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, and in comparison with the 12 principles described above, 12 traditions are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every private separately.
Here are these 12 customs:.
- To become an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a wish to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to bring the 12-step message to individuals experiencing their addiction;
- The common well-being of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more crucial than an private one, as the entire recovery process depends on the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous community;
- God, in whatever form we envision Him, is the one ultimate authority for everybody. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group must be independent of all others;
- AA groups should constantly stay non-financial and do not lend their name to any other organizations, as otherwise, it would sidetrack us from the primary purpose of helping those having problems with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any kind of aid from other organizations;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional companies and they ought to remain by doing this. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA needs to not be arranged in any other way, but they could create service boards in order to assist those they serve;
- Confidential Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outdoors matters, which is why its name ought to not be drawn up during public conflicts. Its individuals have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations need to stay for the purposes of drawing in those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not only on the help of another party however on its privacy too, which is why anonymity is the sacred rule of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted principles are more important than individual desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Guayama, Puerto Rico
Programs based on spiritual awakening principles, which is why some of you might find them unpleasant in the beginning.
However, all of it depends upon your own analysis and the people with whom you will go through the entire procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can assist us with all our affairs and troubles is.
You might eliminate any referrals to the higher Power while dealing with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative interpretations of actions that are based upon the initial ones, or stay with the traditional form if comfy with its spiritual principles.
Guayama 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is hard to understand any accurate data on the 12-step program efficiency because of its anonymity principle, it is known that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers utilize this kind of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance plan cover the costs of Guayama, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, which is why you may not even require to pay extra money to receive this type of help from various treatment centers.
Based on the worldwide approval and appeal, you can say for sure that 12-step programs work. It resembles with therapy types: you require to find your own method of handling your issue, be it substance addiction or anything else, and combining the 12 steps with the desire to attend meetings is one of the manner ins which can assist you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Guayama, PR
Not everyone likes 12 steps or has any effect from this method, which is why it might be crucial to discuss some alternatives that you can discover these days.
Here is the list of some such options:.
- Residential programs of rehabilitation that occur in expert rehab centers are the most effective ways of handling your dependencies, which is why you may consider them first. You just will create a substance-free environment where professionals will take care of you and make certain that you keep abstinence after that. However, it might cost you rather a penny.
- Outpatient rehabilitation programs resemble property ones; just they help during the morning and night so that you would still have an chance to go to work and bear the responsibilities that you have. However because of such a format, these programs might last for a couple of months.
- There are also faith-based residential rehabilitation programs that you may discover helpful. What is more, most of them are free of charge and do not even need you to come from a particular faith. One such company offering these programs is Redemption Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Guayama, Puerto Rico are another possibility for those of you who can not afford to pay for them with your own money. Medicare and Medicaid include such a possibility in their insurance coverage strategies. Nevertheless, you require to check whether they are offered for your strategy and region, as well as whether or not your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fundamental concept of a 12-Step program?
The primary concept of the Guayama, Puerto Rico 12 step program is that we can help each other out to conquer our drug abuse or any other dependencies, however not without surrendering to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own analysis or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 steps the same as AA?
The 12 actions were created by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), however its concepts ended up being quite popular amongst lots of other individuals with numerous substance use problems. Thus, 12 actions can be a part of your AA group techniques, but you can use them to get rid of any other dependency or compulsion.
For how long does it take to do all 12 steps?
All of it depends on your own issues and abilities to conquer drug addiction or any other concern. Many sponsors like to work with their customers by making them pertain to 90 meetings in 90 days, which is something you could think about to be the bare minimum of the amount of time that 12 actions will draw from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups using 12-step programs in their practice, but a few of them consist of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous ( consisting of Drug Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Children of Alcoholics, Dual Diagnosis Confidential, and so on.