The 12-step program is one of the tools used by individuals to overcome addiction problems that they might have. Originally the 12-step program was developed by Alcoholics Anonymous, but it became quite popular and effective to name a few associations too, which is why it might be a good idea to see how this treatment can help you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this short article and learn how the Cerritos, California 12-step programs work and whether or not you may want to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Cerritos
Overall, 12-step programs consist of 12 guidelines that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other completely self-supporting company must utilize to assist people conquer their addiction and provide recovery support to anyone who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its original type, created at first for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and offered for residents of Cerritos, California:
- Admit your previous (or current) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Believe that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Choose that you are ready to turn your will over to God to take care of it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Admit to God and other human beings the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to get rid of all these defects that brought you to the place in which you are right now;.
- Ask for God’s aid in this process;.
- Make a list of individuals that you have harmed before and be ready to ask forgiveness to them;.
- Make direct amends to their individuals whenever you can, however do not approach those that would be injured because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and be willing to apologize whenever you understand that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your recovery;.
- Improve your conscious contact with God in whatever kind we picture Him through prayers and meditation;.
- When all set, be ready to transfer your understanding and experience to other alcoholics, in addition to continue to practice these principles throughout your entire life.
Cerritos, CA 12-Step Program Rehab.
There are likewise 12 customs included in Cerritos, California 12-step programs, and in comparison with the 12 principles explained above, 12 traditions are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every individual independently.
Here are these 12 customs:.
- To become an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a desire to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to bring the 12-step message to individuals struggling with their dependency;
- The typical welfare of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more crucial than an private one, as the entire recovery process depends upon the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous neighborhood;
- God, in whatever type we imagine Him, is the one ultimate authority for everybody. The leaders of our AA neighborhood are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group should be independent of all others;
- AA groups need to always remain non-financial and do not lend their name to any other organizations, as otherwise, it would distract us from the primary purpose of helping those having troubles with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any type of assistance from other organizations;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional companies and they should stay in this manner. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA must not be arranged in any other way, but they might create service boards in order to assist those they serve;
- Confidential Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outside matters, which is why its name must not be drawn up during public confrontations. Its participants have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations need to stay for the purposes of bring in those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not just on the assistance of another celebration however on its privacy as well, which is why privacy is the spiritual guideline of AA groups that reminds us that collectively-accepted concepts are more vital than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Cerritos, California
Programs based upon spiritual awakening concepts, which is why some of you may find them uncomfortable at first.
Nevertheless, all of it depends on your own analysis and the people with whom you will go through the whole procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the acceptance that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can help us with all our affairs and problems is.
You might eliminate any recommendations to the higher Power while dealing with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative interpretations of steps that are based upon the initial ones, or stay with the conventional form if comfortable with its spiritual principles.
Cerritos 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is difficult to understand any precise data on the 12-step program efficiency because of its privacy concept, it is understood that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers use this kind of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance plan cover the costs of Cerritos, California 12-step programs, which is why you might not even require to pay additional money to receive this sort of aid from various treatment centers.
Based upon the around the world acceptance and appeal, you can state for sure that 12-step programs work. It resembles with treatment types: you need to find your own method of handling your issue, be it substance addiction or anything else, and combining the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is among the ways that can help you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Cerritos, CA
Not everyone likes 12 steps or has any effect from this approach, which is why it might be essential to talk about some options that you can find these days.
Here is the list of some such options:.
- Residential programs of rehab that occur in expert rehabilitation centers are the most efficient ways of coping with your addictions, which is why you might consider them first. You just will create a substance-free environment where experts will take care of you and make sure that you preserve abstinence after that. Nevertheless, it might cost you quite a cent.
- Outpatient rehab programs are similar to domestic ones; only they assist throughout the morning and night so that you would still have an chance to go to work and bear the obligations that you have. But because of such a format, these programs may last for a couple of months.
- There are likewise faith-based residential rehab programs that you might find handy. What is more, most of them are free of charge and do not even need you to come from a particular faith. One such company supplying these programs is Salvation Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Cerritos, California are another possibility for those of you who can not afford to spend for them with your own money. Medicare and Medicaid include such a possibility in their insurance strategies. Nevertheless, you need to examine whether they are available for your strategy and region, in addition to whether or not your rehabilitation center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the basic concept of a 12-Step program?
The primary concept of the Cerritos, California 12 step program is that we can help each other out to conquer our drug abuse or any other dependencies, however not without surrendering to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own interpretation or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 actions the same as AA?
The 12 actions were created by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), however its concepts became quite popular among numerous other people with various substance use problems. Hence, 12 actions can be a part of your AA group approaches, but you can use them to get rid of any other dependency or obsession.
The length of time does it require to do all 12 actions?
Everything depends upon your own issues and abilities to conquer drug addiction or any other problem. Lots of sponsors like to work with their customers by making them concern 90 conferences in 90 days, which is something you could consider to be the bare minimum of the amount of time that 12 actions will take from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no complete list of all groups using 12-step programs in their practice, but some of them consist of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous (including Cocaine Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Adult Kid of Alcoholics, Dual Diagnosis Anonymous, and so on.