The 12-step program is one of the tools utilized by people to overcome addiction issues that they may have. Initially the 12-step program was produced by Alcoholics Anonymous, but it became rather popular and effective to name a few associations too, which is why it might be a good idea to see how this treatment can help you out with your own substance use disorder.
If interested, continue reading this post and find out how the Caguas, Puerto Rico 12-step programs work and whether or not you might wish to take it up yourself!
12-Step Programs Near me 101 in Caguas
In general, 12-step programs include 12 standards that Alcoholics Anonymous or any other completely self-supporting company should use to help people overcome their dependency and offer recovery support to anybody who needs it.
Here is the 12-step addiction treatment program in its initial type, developed initially for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and offered for homeowners of Caguas, Puerto Rico:
- Confess your previous (or existing) powerlessness over alcohol;
- Believe that there is something greater than yourself, the Power that can save you from sins;
- Choose that you are ready to turn your will over to God to look after it (as we understand Him);.
Make a personal inventory of yourself;.
- Admit to God and other humans the exact nature of all your previous sins;.
- Be ready for God to eliminate all these defects that brought you to the location in which you are right now;.
- Ask for God’s aid in this procedure;.
- Make a list of people that you have injured before and be ready to ask forgiveness to them;.
- Make direct amends to their individuals whenever you can, however do not approach those that would be hurt because of that;.
- Do not stop the spiritual progress, and want to say sorry whenever you understand that you were wrong. Fearless moral inventory is the basis of your healing;.
- Enhance your conscious contact with God in whatever type we imagine Him through prayers and meditation;.
- Once ready, be ready to transfer your knowledge and experience to other alcoholics, in addition to continue to practice these concepts throughout your whole life.
Caguas, PR 12-Step Program Rehabilitation.
There are likewise 12 traditions included in Caguas, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, and in contrast with the 12 principles described above, 12 customs are for the Alcoholics Anonymous group in general, not for every private independently.
Here are these 12 customs:.
- To become an AA member, the only requirement for you would be a desire to stop drinking;
- Each AA group has only one purpose: to bring the 12-step message to individuals suffering from their dependency;
- The typical welfare of Alcoholics Anonymous as a group is more vital than an private one, as the entire recovery process depends on the unity of the Alcoholics Anonymous community;
- God, in whatever type we picture Him, is the one ultimate authority for all of us. The leaders of our AA community are the servants of His will;
- Each AA group must be independent of all others;
- AA groups should always stay non-financial and do not provide their name to any other organizations, as otherwise, it would distract us from the primary function of helping those having troubles with substance abuse;
- AA groups are self-support groups that do not take any type of assistance from other companies;
- AA groups were produced as nonprofessional companies and they ought to stay in this manner. The only exception is the right to employ special workers from substance abuse treatment services;
- AA must not be arranged in any other way, but they could create service boards in order to help those they serve;
- Confidential Alcoholics do not have any viewpoint on outdoors matters, which is why its name should not be prepared during public conflicts. Its participants have a right to maintain personal anonymity;
- Any possible public relations must remain for the functions of attracting those in need, not promoting the service centers and the functions they hold;
Personal recovery depends not just on the assistance of another celebration but on its anonymity also, which is why anonymity is the sacred guideline of AA groups that advises us that collectively-accepted concepts are more crucial than personal desires.
12-step substance abuse treatment programs in Caguas, Puerto Rico
Programs based upon spiritual awakening principles, which is why a few of you may discover them uneasy at first.
Nevertheless, all of it depends on your own interpretation and individuals with whom you will go through the entire procedure of the addiction treatment. The spiritual foundation is not the main thing, however the approval that there is some higher Power, be it God or your AA group, that can assist us with all our affairs and problems is.
You could get rid of any references to the higher Power while working with 12-step programs for maintaining abstinence in groups with alternative analyses of actions that are based upon the initial ones, or stick to the standard kind if comfy with its spiritual principles.
Caguas 12 Step Program Treatment Benefits.
Although it is hard to understand any accurate information on the 12-step program efficiency because of its anonymity concept, it is known that 74% of U.S.A. treatment centers use this type of addiction treatment for their visitors.
What is more, some insurance policies cover the costs of Caguas, Puerto Rico 12-step programs, which is why you may not even need to pay additional money to receive this type of help from numerous treatment centers.
Based upon the worldwide acceptance and popularity, you can state for sure that 12-step programs are effective. It resembles with therapy types: you require to find your own method of dealing with your problem, be it substance addiction or anything else, and integrating the 12 actions with the desire to attend meetings is among the ways that can help you in your personal recovery!
Non 12 Step Program Treatment in Caguas, PR
Not everyone likes 12 actions or has any impact from this approach, which is why it might be crucial to talk about some alternatives that you can discover these days.
Here is the list of some such alternatives:.
- Residential programs of rehab that occur in professional rehab centers are the most efficient methods of handling your dependencies, which is why you might consider them first. You simply will develop a substance-free environment where professionals will look after you and make certain that you keep abstinence after that. However, it might cost you rather a cent.
- Outpatient rehabilitation programs resemble residential ones; just they assist during the early morning and night so that you would still have an opportunity to go to work and bear the duties that you have. But because of such a format, these programs might last for a few months.
- There are likewise faith-based property rehab programs that you may find valuable. What is more, the majority of them are free of charge and do not even require you to belong to a particular faith. One such company supplying these programs is Redemption Army.
- Government-based rehab programs in Caguas, Puerto Rico are another possibility for those of you who can not manage to pay for them with your own money. Medicare and Medicaid include such a possibility in their insurance strategies. However, you need to check whether they are available for your strategy and region, in addition to whether your rehab center accepts such payments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the standard principle of a 12-Step program?
The primary principle of the Caguas, Puerto Rico 12 step program is that we can assist each other out to overcome our drug abuse or any other addictions, however not without giving up to the Power greater than us alone, be it God in your own interpretation or the NA or AA group themselves.
Are 12 steps the same as AA?
The 12 steps were produced by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), however its principles ended up being rather popular among many other people with numerous substance use issues. Thus, 12 steps can be a part of your AA group approaches, but you can utilize them to conquer any other dependency or obsession.
For how long does it require to do all 12 steps?
All of it depends upon your own issues and abilities to conquer drug addiction or any other concern. Many sponsors like to work with their clients by making them concern 90 conferences in 90 days, which is something you might think about to be the bare minimum of the quantity of time that 12 actions will take from you.
What are the names of all the 12-step programs?
There is no total list of all groups utilizing 12-step programs in their practice, but a few of them include Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous ( consisting of Cocaine Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, and Heroin Anonymous), Grownup Children of Alcoholics, Dual Medical Diagnosis Confidential, and so on.